Maps & Guide Books
ERTC has a large selection of maps for
cycling, hiking and WV
- Slatyfork Trail Guide: Elk River's
topographical map of local trails on
tear-proof paper with described routes and
helpful information - $8.49
- Greenbrier River Trail Guide (available
at no cost)
- Guide to the Catch-And-Release TROUT STREAMS of West Virginia - $12.95
- Monongehela National Forest Hiking Guide, 8th Edition - $14.95
We can mail any of these maps to you, with
added tax and
shipping costs. Email or call in your order:
Hiking & Biking the Greenbrier River Trail
At 80 miles long, the Greenbrier River Trail
is the longest West Virginia Mountain Biking rail trail. Passing
through incredibly beautiful mountains, the
Greenbrier Trial follows the course of the river from
Caldwell in Greenbrier County to Cass and the
Cass Scenic Railroad WV in
Pocahontas County. While today's trail passes through
mountains and agricultural valleys, yesterday's
C&O Cass Railroad WV passed through lumber towns with
sawmills at Denmar, Watoga and Spice Run. It
passed through bustling towns like Ronceverte and Marlinton as
well as farming communities like Spring Creek
and Beard. Restored train depots at Clover Lick and
Marlinton once hummed with freight and
passengers. Today, the Cass Scenic Railroad WV
is a favorite among bicyclists and tourists.
Greenbrier River Trail has become one of the most popular activities
for our guests and with good reason. The
Greenbrier River valley is full of splendor in
every season. We have included some tips,
suggested rides/hikes and stops along the way to
help you plan your activity on the trail. To
make your visit more enjoyable remember:
- Fat tire bicycles are easier to ride.
- Bridges and tunnels may be hazardous.
- Pack it in - Pack it out.
- Be considerate of adjacent private land
owners, stay on the trail.
- Leave no trace.
- Control your bicycle.
- Always yield trail.
- Plan ahead.
- Leave all wildflowers for others to
Two of our favorite rides:
Marlinton to Clover Lick ~ 15 miles
MP 56 - Marlinton. [Lodging, Toilets,
Water] Depot visitor center. Full amenities.
- MP 63.8 - [Camping, Toilets, Water]
Table w/Fire ring.
- MP 65.24 - Greenbrier River Bridge.
- MP 65.28 - Sharps Tunnel. Work began in
Sept. 1899. Tunnel is 511 ft. long.
- MP 69.6 A - [Camping, Toilets, Water]
Table w/Fire ring.
- MP 71.2 - Cloverlick. Restored Depot.
Site of agency station and telegraph office.
Clover Lick to Cass ~ 9.6 miles
- MP 74.4 - Stony Bottom. [Lodging] Site
of freight house and several small sawmills.
- MP 76.8 - Sitlington. [Lodging] Site of
agency station and telegraph office.
- MP 79.4 - Northern Trail Head. Bike Deer
Creek Rd. into Cass.
- MP 8O.7 - Cass [Lodging, Camping,
Toilets, Water] Cass Scenic Railroad State
Directions to North Caldwell Shuttle
Access to North Caldwell - I-64E take exit 175
to Rt.60W 2.7 miles to Rt. 38 Stone House Rd.
I-64W take exit 169 to Rt. 219N then 0.5 miles
to Rt. 30 Brush Rd then 0.5 miles to Rt. 38
Stone House Rd.
If you would like more information, please call us at 304-572-3771 or 866-572-3771,
e-mail us, or use our
online request form.